Rice is avoided by most of the people who tend to focus on a healthy diet. This is because it is said that the rice has high amounts of carbohydrates that increases the fats in our bodies and in turn reduces the metabolism which leads to fat gain. There are a very few rice dishes like steamed rice and boiled rice that are actually healthy and maintains a proper balance of nutrients in the body. The matta rice is one of those healthy rice that helps you fill your tummy without worrying about the fats.
What is Matta Rice?
Matta rice is also popularly known as rosematta rice or palakkadan matta rice or red parboiled rice or Kerala Red rice is loved by the locals and many others too. You can also use matta rice as an ingredient in different types of appams, idlis and many more.
Benefits of Matta Rice
You get to enjoy the below bodily benefits of Mutta rice when you maintain a fixed amount of rice content in your diet. You must not over eat the mutta rice to get all the nutrients – that might even adversely affect your body.
- The red pericarp of this variety of rice is completely nutrient rich. It is coated with polished and valuable layer that is nutrient rich and is clean as well as shiny. It contains high amounts of minerals, nutrients, fiber, vitamins and many more.
- This rice is full of magnesium – sourced from macro-mineral that is great for maintaining good health. Every half cup of this rice has 42 g of magnesium.
- This tasty rice reduces the chances or risks of any fatal heart disease or even cancer – this is because of a very low-fat content be it saturated fat or even cholesterol. This keeps the blood vessels clear without any clogs and clots
- Your digestive system is runs because of enough fiber content of your body. It adds volume and lubrication to all your bowel movements which in turn helps you in maintaining a regular diet. This amazing dish has a lot of fiber content that makes you feel fuller and maintains the balance in diet
- Out of the minerals and vitamins matta rice provides, it has the highest content of vitamin A and some of the vitamin B’s. this helps you maintain the bodily systems and lets you live healthier.
- Like Orithal thamarai, this rice also reduces your blood pressure due to the high fiber content. Matta rice makes you feel fuller and hence reduces your urge to eat more food. This gives you control over your food and so, reduces hypertension and in turn reduces blood pressure.
- Matta rice also adds up to your calcium content and protects its from any major diseases like weakened bones, osteoporosis and many more
- Also, it tastes great as that of the other delicious Keralan dishes like sweet chatti pathiri, mutta pathiri and many more
This Keralan dish provides a number of benefits and fits everyone’s nutrition needs. Hence, everyone can have it. Along with being healthy, they are also rich in minerals and are super delicious like the puli inji curry. Enjoy the delicious dish at home now. You can also try out adding papad khar to your papad to increase its taste and shelf life.